I follow a page called ‘Tasty’ on Facebook and they always post food that looks amazing. Typically, their recipes just look so good, you want to eat it from your screen, but they aren’t healthy. This following recipe looks good, tastes amazing, and is also healthy! Try it out and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
Tip: You may want to cook and shred the chicken on a different day that you cook everything, just for time restraints. When I cooked this meal, I did everything in the same day. It took me about an hour to shred the chicken breasts!
2 Chicken breasts
3 TSP Cumin
3 TSP Oregano
3 TBSP Olive oil
3 cups Milk
Garlic (roughly 9 cloves, minced)
3 TBSP Diced chipotle pepper (from a can)
Tomatoes (at least 4)
- Cook the chicken breasts by boiling it on medium heat for 12-24 minutes. Cook closer to 24 minutes based on the thickness of the chicken.
- After the chicken is done boiling, take the chicken out and shred it with a fork.
- In the mean time, mince the garlic and slice the tomatoes into little pieces.
- In a pot, add 3 TBSP olive oil, 3 TSP cumin, and 3 TSP oregano. Mix and cook about 30 seconds.
- Next, add garlic and 3 TBSP chipotle pepper. Mix around for about 30 seconds.
- Next, add 3 cups of milk and stir everything for about 1 minute.
- Add all of the chicken to the pot and boil everything over medium heat.
- Boil everything until the liquid is almost gone in the pot.
- Mix in the tomatoes with the shredded chicken and eat as desired.
To keep this on the healthy side, eat with a salad or turn it into lettuce wraps. But, of course, this will taste good with tortillas, brown rice, etc.